So now that you know how to use Whatsapp for Bada, you might also be interested to know that today I am going to take you through few steps how you can get Whatsapp for Ubuntu .
Ubuntu being a new OS in the market has been criticized for its unavailability of supported software and apps in the market.But there are few points where Ubuntu has created a difference.
The first is the look of the OS, it is an eye candy for anyone who want some stylish OS for their system and one another strong point that supports Ubuntu is its minimal lookout that allows you to install and use any app like a hot knife through butter. With the smooth interface and no whatsoever issues, Ubuntu is one of the best OS I have personally come across.
And today I am going to take you through few of the easiest steps how you can use Whatsapp on your Ubuntu OS. So let’s start with the process of getting Whatsapp For Ubuntu .
How To Get Whatsapp For Ubuntu ?
Now to get your own Whatsapp for Ubuntu you will need to follow few simple steps that involve the following steps:
- The first step for Whatsapp For Ubuntu :
- First you will need to type in ‘Sudo apt-get install python-date until python-arg parser’ in the ubuntu command shell.
- Now again type in ‘get https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/archive/master.zip’ that will help you to download yet another program.
- Now you will need to use an unzip utility to download and install the program.
- Now before installing this app you need to change the directory of the installation folder, for this you need to type in ‘cd yowsup-master/src’.
- The second step for Whatsapp For Ubuntu :
- Now that you are done with installation process you will need to edit few of the configuration files for that you need to go into the editor and find a line saying “phone=xxxxxxxx” and once you find this line remove the xxxxx and enter in your own phone number along with the country code.
- To change the config file permission you will need to enter in the following code that follows: do mod +x rows up-cli, doing this will allow your file to run on the Ubuntu.
- Now you will need to type in another code to authorize your app to run ‘./yowsup-cli-requestcode SMS -config yowsup-li.config.
- Now that you have got a confirmation code that will be shown as “xxx-xxx”, you will also need to press shift and c to save the file.Also save the file by the name of “yowsup.txt”.
- The third step for Whatsapp For Ubuntu :
- Now that you are done with all the programming you will now need to install pidgin as a Whatsapp plugin.
- Now you will need to open the command directory and type in ‘sudo add-apt-repository ppa:whatsapp-purple/ppa’. Now also type in ‘sudo apt- get update’ and after the update, you will need to follow up with installing the Pidgin by typing in ‘sudo apt-get install pidgin pidgin-WhatsApp.
- Now you are ready to launch the app and to that, you will simply need to click the drop down a bar and click on the WhatsApp and input your information for signing in into your Whatsapp account.
And that’s it, this is how simple it is to install and use whatsapp on Ubuntu. Now along with the eyecandy looks of the Ubuntu and the amazing message app you can enjoy texting right from your pc/laptop without any ease using Whatsapp For Ubuntu .
Hope this article was help for you, if yes then leave a comment below on using your app( Whatsapp For Ubuntu )
You may also want to read about: