Want to install Windows 10 on your own PC? It’s just like installing any other version of Windows.
Here we have covered all the instructions. Take a look.
Before you do anything, we advise you to back up your data. Microsoft will give you the option of wiping your files at various stages during the process. Whether you go that route or not, make sure you’ve backed up key documents and other data to OneDrive, a USB key, or something else.
First, You need to download Windows 10 OS. Use the below link to download.
After completion of the download, take Pen drive or DVD and make it bootable.
Minimum Requirements to install Windows 10
- Windows 10 can be installed on any pc that supports windows 8 and 8.1 as per the official notification.
- Generally, it requires 4GB RAM and 1.5 GHz processing speed or better specifications.
Install Windows 10 Technical Preview
If you are ready with your bootable Pen drive/DVD, then first restart your PC and insert Pen drive into the USB port.
Now, you will see a small note every time while starting that shows:
‘Press F10/F2 or to Enter setup’
‘Press F12/F8 for Boot Options’
Note: Buttons May be different for different manufacturers.
- Now, Press the Boot Options quickly as soon as you start the system. You have to click the Boot options button quickly, if you miss it then again restart your PC and do it now correctly.
- After selecting boot options you will see the list all available bootable devices select USB STORAGE OR DVD. (Whatever you are going to use).
- Now select the correct options, then you will get a prompt Select your Language >> Click Next >> Click install.
- After clicking on install you will be asked whether you want toUpgrade Your OS or Custom Clean installation. Here, in this article we will talk about clean installation of Windows, so select second option.
- As soon as you select the Custom options of installations windows, you will see a window, where you can see all your available drives in your PC. Select the drive in which you wish to install and format that drive and again select the formatted drive and click ‘Next’.
- The installation takes some time, around 20-30 minutes.
Note: While installing Windows OS your PC will restart several times automatically. Don’t do anything.
You may run into a situation where Windows asks for a license key. If you’re upgrading from a licensed copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can click the tiny “skip” option; Microsoft will dig out the license key from the depths of your machine. If this is a brand-new installation, of course, you’ll need to enter the proper key
Next after sometime you will be asked to setup the PC, like to select time, date, your computer name, password and all other things.
That’s all the things you need to do. Hope this tutorial will help you.