Fix Connection Failed With Error 651: Error 651 is a common issue that most of the Windows users may face while connecting their computer to the internet. Mostly the Windows 7 users may encounter this type of error.
So, if you are a Windows 7 user or any Windows user, then it is essential for you to know how to Fix Connection Failed Error 651. Error 651 mainly occurs when a Windows user tries to connect his/her Windows computer to a local area network.
When you connect your PC to a broadband network, it may display you an error named “Connection Failed With Error 651”. You don’t have to worry at all; you can easily solve this error.
In this tutorial, I will show you How you can Fix Connection Failed With Error 651 quickly without any external help.
How to Fix Error 651 in Windows:
Before I start the tutorial, first let me tell you one thing there is no official method of fixing 651 error in Windows computers, though using the below-listed methods you can easily solve this error. If one method doesn’t work then you can try the next one. But definitely, it will work.
So, not to waste time here let’s move to the topic.
Tutorial on fixing connection failed with error 651.
Take a look.
Option 1: Reconnect the All Connecting Devices
This is the first option to you when you encounter such type of errors. If you are using any router or connected to any LAN, then simply disconnect it and after few minutes again reconnect it. To do it simply follow:
- First, go to the Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center.
- Then, click on Change adapter settings and then select the LAN in which you are connected.
- Now, right click on it and disable it. After few minutes enable it clicking right click on it. Now, if still you are facing this error then move to the next option.
Option 2: Reset the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
You can reset the internet protocol setting on your PC to solve displaying 651 error message. Most of the times it really works on Windows 7/8 computers. It’s very simple, just follow the steps.
- First launch the command prompt by typing ‘cmd’ on the search option under Start menu.
- Now, click enter. Now open the command prompt window as an administrator. What you have to do is just copy and paste the command ‘netsh int ip reset reset.log‘.
- Now click enter and it will ask you to restart your PC. Restart it and hopefully, it will definitely solve the issue.
Option 3: Disable the Auto-Tuning Feature
Disabling the auto-tuning feature of your PC you can solve the Error 651 issue. It will work in most of the cases. You need it mostly if you are connected to a router.
To disable it, just follow the steps:
- Just like the previous one, type ‘cmd’ in the search box and run it as an administrator.
- Now, paste the command ‘Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled‘ and press enter.
- Restart you PC to apply changes and hopefully, you will now not see the error.
Option 4: Re-create the existing dial-up connection
If still you face the error 651 issue, then one thing you can do is to recreate your existing dial-up connection. It may be possible, that your current dial-up connection may be stuck on hanged, so it is better to copy it and create another connection.
To do it, simply follow:
- Go to the Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Setting.
- Now select your current dial-up connection and right-click on it and select ‘create copy’.
- Paste it and delete the previous one. Now again connect. Hope, now you will be easily connected to the internet.
Option 5: Disable IPv6
Turning off the IPv6 of the dialer modem you can solve this problem. It is one of the most effective method of fixing the error 651. You can easily do it. Just follow:
- Select the internet connection in which you are currently connected. Right click on it and go to the properties.
- Now under the Networking menu, un-tick the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) box. Now click ok.
- How to Fix “err connection refused” in Chrome: Easy Steps
- How To Send Large Files By Email
- How to Make Animated GIF Images From YouTube Videos
These are the possible options to you to Fix Connection Failed With Error 651 issue on your Windows PC. Hope this tutorial will help you to solve the error 651.